Back to School Safety Tips
- Always cross streets at corners where there are traffic signals and designated crosswalks.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them.
- Always walk on the sidewalk.
- Walk facing traffic, if there are no sidewalks.
- Always look left, right, and left again before crossing the street.
- Never run out into the street or cross between parked cars.
- Bike riders, wear your helmet and walk your bike across crosswalks.
- When waiting for the bus, stay away from traffic and avoid roughhousing or other behavior that can lead to carelessness.
- Do not damage private property near the bus stops.
- Do not stray onto the street or road as the road as the bus approaching the bus.
- Be on the lookout for school zone signals and ALWAYS obey the speed limits.
- Always stop for school buses that are loading or unloading students.
- Watch for school crossing guards and obey their signals.
- Be aware of traffic patterns on school campuses when dropping off students, and follow staff directions.
- Do not park off-campus and have students run across the road to get to school.